Education and training are key to the digital transformation of the Irish construction sector. Clients, managers, professionals and all workers need to have relevant knowledge and abilities to collectively advance the design, construction and life-cycle management of the built environment. This panel will discuss the importance of developing capability in three core areas – people, process and technology and will focus on how digital tools, methods and skills are improving the performance of projects for practitioners.
The panel will discuss:
- the benefits of alignment to ensure a pipeline of construction talent across the sector
- addressing equality, diversity and inclusion in construction education and training
- rethinking our hiring to build a workforce that’s a better fit for business today
- transforming mindsets from traditional construction methods to new technology adoption
- supports available for people to reskill or upskill in the new emerging technologies or to enable them to develop new careers in advanced manufacturing through apprenticeships and traineeships